Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Eastern Enchantments

All aboard!
How blessed I am to be able to experience the beauty of this Earth and its amazing history. I boarded the ship MSC Magnifica to begin my first cruise.  After a quick self-tour of the ship I found myself in the fabulous lounge enjoying the music and taking time to release my thoughts.  It suddenly dawned on me what the day was.  Easter Sunday.  As I gazed out of the window at the calm seas and the distant shores I felt a sense of warmth and peace in my heart for all that the Lord Jesus Christ has done for me.  Through his Atonement I am perfected each week as I partake of the sacrament.  Through Him my mistakes become blessings and lifelong lessons.  The pure love of Christ fills my soul and I am able to share that miraculous love with those around me.  In my deepest sorrows, he has literally picked me up, pulled me close, and comforted me filling my soul with peace and wisdom.  Through Him I have found joy in my struggles, and with His help, turned them into miracles.  God is a merciful God and His mercies are forever visible in my life.  Forgiveness is a beautiful characteristic that we can all possess through the Atonement.  Through faith, anything is possible.
It is so easy to look at the beauties of the world and forget to recognize the one who created it all.  It is my hope that I can interpret the many captured images I take and recognize Him in all of them.  I strive every day to emulate the pure love of Christ through my actions, thoughts, and by example.  I am so thankful that I am not afraid to appear “peculiar” to those around me.  I’m totally ok with being different.  That is one of the wonderful gifts God has given us—our ability to stand apart from others in our very own uniqueness.  And how beautiful it is that I am joined by many that choose to do the same. 

No comments: