Thursday, July 7, 2011

Tanlged Up!

We went all out this year for Tanaya and Kahmea's birthday.  I was inspired to go with a theme this year (thanks Alisha) and we chose the coolest movie ever! Duh da da DA! Tangled! 

We created our own invites and had lots of fun doing it.



The girls had a million things they wanted to do but I made them narrow it down to three activities. 

As they arrived they got to paint their own lantern.




When they finished their lantern face painting was next!

before


After

Then our beautician topped it off with a flower since Rupunzel's power came from a flower...



In the midst of the lanterns and face painting we had a special guest arrive.  Rupunzel then crowned all of the girls royalty!

The little stinkers weren't as excited as I thought they would be to see Rupunzel....my girls recognized her from church right away!



And of course there's no party without a pinata!

I wasn't able to get pictures of the action because I was so caught up in it myself! But you see the treasure pinata sitting and waiting to get the crap beat out of it! 


And of course gifts

Tanaya made sure she read both her and Kahmea's cards before they opened the presents.


Kahmea and her bestest friend Talaya (yeah I know--identical to Tanaya's name)


It didn't go as smoothly as I had hoped for but the girls had a blast!  Next time I'm highering a photographer because mine sucks(Joey). 

No comments: